System1 is hiring a Data Pipeline Engineer to be embedded within our Data Science team! We are looking for candidates that can bring an experienced background in handling data pipeline engineering problems with a specific interest in providing data for modeling purposes. You will be an individual contributor and build data infrastructure to directly enable optimizations that operate in real-time on a significant amount of daily revenue involving hundreds of millions of data points per day. You should be comfortable working in a highly cross-coordinated team environment where you will collaborate daily with our Engineering, Account Management, and Product Teams.
System1 is an organization centered around data and data products. We firmly believe data should inform and guide every quantitative decision process. We hire people who can utilize their broad set of technical skills to address technical challenges, as well as mentor junior team members on industry specific challenges and best practices. At System1, our Data Science team is responsible for optimizing the business across the following departments: engineering, business, product, ETL, serving, analytics, and operations.
- Make data architecture decisions for key revenue-generating projects
- Be a key part of developing core optimization architecture
- Work directly with business stakeholders to drive optimization products forward
- Work with large scale data sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative discipline required
- 3 years of relevant experience working hands-on in industry, Python strongly preferred
- Interest in production data science solutions using Python and R
- Extensive work experience with various database technologies such as Redshift, Athena, Snowflake, Spark, DynamoDB, and Redis
- Adtech experience is preferred but not required
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Competitive Relocation Package
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.